Friday 26 March 2010

Stone Setting Project




Here are some pictures of my finished stone setting piece. It's based on the concept of Jewish Betrothal rings. Jewish Betrothal rings were mostly used for ceremonial purposes seeing as they were so large and impractical to wear and were kept by the family as a keepsake. They were mostly made to look like temples and had hidden compartments with good luck written in Hebrew on the inside. I added my own little twist to the betrothal ring making it into a little Dutch house. This is symbolic to me seeing as Holland was an important part of my life as I lived there for a few years.Inside the house is a detachable Heart pendant set with an amethyst.I wanted the outside of the house to look old and slightly worn and then when opened up here is this shinny heart inside, signifying new beginnings.

1 comment: